Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Thoughts of Ora

My grandma would be 94 tomorrow, March 11th. I remember when she died and how my heart physically hurt for a bit. She had such a wonderful spirit! Here are some of the wonderful things I remember about my grandma:
  • Froggie in the middle can't get out, take a little stick and stir him all about. (I remember her holding us as little children and singing this to us.)
  • BIG and Gaudy or tiny and delicate (this is how she liked her jewelry
  • "What happened to your hair!?" (anytime we colored our hair)
  • "You look like a big red cardinal!" (I was wearing a red sweat suit)
  • Tea Rose Parfume
  • Helping anyone in need

If you remember anything wonderful about my grandma, leave a comment. I love to hear stories about her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the hair comment. I got that no matter what I did to it... That and "Aren't you going to iron that?" No matter what I wore. I think I am most grateful for how Grandma was always happy. I admire that she was always hopeful and so forgiving. I never saw her discouraged or without a plan. The plan often included recruiting several of us. Norma, perfect description of the jewelry. I also smile when I think of how she saved things. Remember the two large garbage cans of hotel soap? The best thing was that she loved us all and was always worried about us no matter what we did. I think I heard her say, " Listen, come sit down here for a minute why don't you? I want to tell you something." This was always followed by whatever council she thought we needed.

Julie Butler said...

Your grandma was a great lady. The first thing that comes to mind when I think of her is the bright colors she always wore and the super fancy, large jewelry she always had on. The bigger the better. My kind of lady. What a sweet person. I love thinking back to the good time and great people we had in our old QC ward. Such great memories.