Sunday, May 17, 2009

ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!

So tonite this is how I'm feeling after watching a DVR'd episode of Flashpoint. I just want to kick and scream! Why is the media still portraying us birthmothers as crazy ladies who will find the baby and kidnap them????!!!! I sat the whole time with my jaw clenched tight watching the dumb thing. It really ticked me off. This is why a lot of adoptive couples don't want an open adoption and this isn't fair to us. Why can't there be an episode on some show about how an open adoption is really a good thing. (Which it definately is!) Maybe I'll write to the stations and ask them that question and see what kind of response I get. That actually would be interesting.
I have to go stretch out my jaw now.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Yes, I agree, very lame! Adoption all around in the media could be shown in a more true and also uplifting light. Maybe we could make our own show Norma! We could call it Z's Hood, you know if it had cool name like that everyone would want to watch it. In Z's Hood everyone loves each other but in a really flashy, dramatic, exciting, and respectful way....I'm sure the ratings would be great! It's late, I'm rambling...

JMM said...

You should write to them. If you tell me what stations the show is on, I will write to them too. (I am so far out of it I have never even heard of the show) Birthmothers deserve better. Norma- your clear and articulate voice would totally make a big difference!

The Varo's said...

that's a scary screaming face...