Today is Birth Mother's Day. A legal holiday that just last year didn't really mean anything to me. I didn't even know about it. This year it has been a special day, a very special day. I became a mother on January 20th and on February 2nd I became a birthmother. I placed Zadok with the Owensby's 3 months ago and I am so happy with my decision. He is such a cute little man. He is doing so great! He definately belongs to Steve and Angie and when I think about how I almost took that away from him, it breaks my heart.
My mom and I and the Owensby's went to an adoption academy in Glendale today and spoke on a panel about open adoptions to others who are hoping to adopt. It was great! There were also 2 other girls who were adopted 17 and 14 years ago who have had open adoptions since then, which was NEVER done back then. My mom got to hold Z the whole time, which she loved. Here are some pictures from our day. We went to Fajitas afterward, which was really good.
Again the camera won't work so I will post pics later.
1 comment:
Norma, you don't know me, but I've been following your story ever since you met Angie & Steve. I can hardly believe it's been 3 months since Zad joined their family! (I'm still excitedly waiting for the time when I'll get to meet him!) At the risk of sounding a little out-of-whack to some who might read this, I'll just tell you... I'm planning on becomming one of Zad's aunts. (Angie's little brother is my sweetheart.) :) So I can't wait to meet the beautiful little boy I see now in pictures, & I am so thankful for the joy you have brought into so many lives! I hope you had a wonderful "Birthmother's Day"!
Post a Comment