It has been wonderful here on Coronado Island. My aunts and uncles have made this vacation a great one. We've been shopping and site seeing, we had a weenie roast on the beach last nite and just vegged out. I am really thankful that they invited me to come with them.
One cool thing, except at nite, was we were right in the flight path of the base. The jets would fly just about right over the house and REALLY low. Going over the bridge to get to the island is one of my least favorite parts. I'm not too keen on heights. It's beautiful tho.
I also found something out about my brother, Paul, that I didn't know about. Uncle Rod told me a story of when we were in YM/YW and we came to the naval base. We were on our way to Point Loma and there's a military graveyard there. Jeff Kleinman had said something about all of the people buried there and my sweet brother gave Jeff a lesson on the ressurection. Paul told Jeff about how just their bodies were there and one day they would all rise again.
It's been 11 years since Paul died and I still think of him everyday. Especially these past few weeks. I talk to him often and hope he is proud of me. I can't wait to see him again. I love you brother!

2 comments:
Hey Girl! I remember that trip to the navy base. That was good times and I love hearing about Paul's lesson. I remember on the way there, each car had a CB radio. Paul would do "trucker talk" to all the other vehicles. It has been a while since I thought about that trip. Enjoy your trip and know I am praying and thinking about you. Love ya, Maria
This is Aaron.
Man, I miss Paul. What a great guy.
Post a Comment